What can I do for displaced people?

Refugees and provisionally admitted persons are permitted to work in Switzerland and are also eager to do so. As an employer, you can give them an opportunity by offering them:

  • an initial job lasting several months, so they can become familiar with the Swiss labour market;
  • a one-year pre-apprenticeship;
  • a regular apprenticeship; or
  • a permanent job.

Displaced people generally have a job coach who will also support your company regarding administrative or intercultural matters.

The contact point for employers in your canton will be happy to help you: 
Cantonal contact points for employers of refugees and provisionally admitted persons (PDF, 153 kB, 28.08.2023)

The following link provides more information on one-year pre-apprenticeships for refugees and provisionally admitted persons: 
Pilotprogramm Integrationsvorlehre
(Pre-apprenticeship pilot programme to support integration. Available in German, French and Italian)

Refugees and provisionally admitted persons are permitted to work anywhere in Switzerland. A simple notification to the competent cantonal authority is sufficient. 
Form for reporting employment and list of addresses of the competent cantonal authorities

Last modification 16.12.2020

Top of page